click image for more information
...thinking of Mother
by Xinia Marín
View Full-Size Image
Intensive Architectural Cermics Workshop
Price per Unit (workshop):
BASIC WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:
Monday* 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Discussion: Clay Bodies
Will include some hands on glazing by each student. If you have specific glaze you want to work out with Xinia bring the glaze or formula with you and this can be done.
• Morning slide presentations.
At 7:00 p.m. we regroup at the studio for a pizza party and participants slide show. Please bring images on jump/thumb drive or cd/dvd to share with group! Or have a web link we can access.
Wednesday* 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Slide show of the construction of the largest single work ever undertaken by this studio. This show covers the entire process of the creation of the entry gates for Annmarie Gardens, Solomans Island, MD.
Demonstrations are guided by the needs and desires of the current class.
Special Glaze Demonstration done by Xinia Marin
• Discussion: Slide Show Peter constructs tailored to cover specific questions that have arisen during the current workshop
• Discussion: Miscellaneous Topics that have emerged during the workshop
Final critique of glazed works and issues that may have come up in firing process done earlier in the week.
*The exact day of some of the demos may change based on the tempo and rhythm of the workshop. Depending on the project being built and the location of the workshop some demonstrations will not be possible, however we make all possible attempts to insure you learn what you have come to learn. If you have specific things you want to know you can contact the workshop host/director to insure certain demos will be made possible.
Students should bring digital images of their work to share with participants on Pizza Party Night. Generally party takes place Tuesday evening. Please limit to 20 images.
How to register:
1) All students may place their order below using credit cards or bank transfers with our PayPal account. You don't need a PayPal account to use our PayPal account. You can also pay by check or money order after registering by indicating Purchase Order which will bypass the payment screen. Send check
and money order payments to:
email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions/concerns